If you do not have a ration card and want to apply for it, you can also apply online. Let us know how to apply online for Ration card…
Apply Ration Card Online: If you have not made your ration card till now, then you should make it, because it has many benefits. The good thing is that you do not need to go anywhere to get a ration card. You can apply online for this sitting at home. Under the National Food Security Act, ration card is issued by the state government to provide food grains at low cost through Public Distribution System (PDS). This is an official document. It can also be used as an ID proof for making Domicile certificate, Birth certificate and Voter ID card etc.
If you do not have a ration card and want to apply for it, you can also apply online. Also, you can check the status as well. You can add names to it and download the e-ration card from the state government website. Let us learn how to apply online for Ration card…
Who can apply for Ration Card
If you want to apply for the ration card, then you have to fulfill certain criteria.
- To apply for Ration Card, it is necessary to be an Indian citizen.
- Should not have ration card of any other state.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Minors/children below 18 years of age can be included in the ration card of their parents.
How many types of Ration cards are available in India?
There are 2 types of ration cards issued by the Government of India- first is for Below Poverty Line (BPL) ration cards and second is non-BPL ration cards. If you want to apply for ration card, then these documents will be required.
How to Apply Ration Card Online?
- First NFSA nfsa.gov.in Login to the food portal of your respective State/UT through
- After that tap on apply for service on the left side of the screen.
- After this you have to go to the option of Issuance of new ration card.
- Now you have to enter all the required details asked in the application form.
- Attach the scanned copy of the documents as proof, then submit the application.
- Once the process is complete, you can also track the status of your online application on the website. To track the status, one has to go to the section with e-services. Here you can check the status of the card by clicking on Check Ration Card Status.